was posted at 3:59:00 PM on Friday, March 11, 2011
#prayfortheworldGot the news that Japan was hit by earthquake of 8.8 and there are other countries under the tsunami watch (due the earthquake).
Hopefully, everything will fine or at least, no one gets hurt.
----
On 9th, reluctantly, I made my way to school with my make-my-shoulders-ache bag which I swear my bag is the biggest out of the rest of the campers.
:X
Was introduced to our group instructor that will be accompanying us.
Too bad I'm not fated to meet fake Hongki though I thought I kinda caught someone that fits the description (not sure it's him or not) :S
But, it seems that I have more luck with the ladies. I think my instructor looks like Suzy when she smiled~
Hahahas. Must be Dream High infesting my brain.
:p
Well, I have to say that this is the worst camp I ever been to for eighteen/nineteen years of my life.
We had to trekked for like FIVE hours before reaching our campsite and at that point of time, I swear I did thought of just dumping my bags into the sea.
What was worst is that the toilet condition was realllly bad.
Water is yellowish, cannot flush, lights could not work during the night, we are stuck with a bunch of 300 secondary students sharing the toilet and campsite and we COULD NOT EVEN SHOWER because of the scarcity of water.
I can't say that I did not regret going to the camp but above this regret, I felt proud of myself to be able to survive this camp. It may not seem big to anyone out there, but to me (or us), I know that I have made it out of my comfort zone in this camp.
We might whine and complain a lot during the camp but it's true that I did enjoy a slightest bit of the camp. The stunning view at Chek Jawa that made the countless of kilometers we walked seems more worthy and the effort the group put in to make the raft and the pride we have when the raft actually worked, nothing could replace such experience/memories.
I won't say that I hated the camp because I know I did enjoy it, thanks to the campers but to be honest, it will be long before I will step into Pulau Ubin again.
HAHAHHA!
:D
