Hello Singapore, Bye Langkawi
was posted at 11:37:00 PM on Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Oh wells, I'm now watching SBS Gayo Daejun so might as well blog about my short trip to Malaysia, Langkawi now~

^^



Day 1 (24.12.2010)

Woke up at 7 am in the morning by my phone's alarm but headed back to sleep until 7.30 when my Mum woke me up.
Got ready and headed down to Terminal 2 and waited for my aunts and uncle to arrive.
Did whatever we had to do (the same old thing)~
Got on to the plane soon and after about an hour and half, we arrive at Penang for a 30 minutes stop-over.
Thought that we could at least shopped around the airport but unfortunately, we spend our time waiting to chop our passport and taking a toilet break.
D:

Plane ride was about 40 minutes before we reached Langkawi~
Was damn excited when I saw the island from the plane window!
Hahahahas.
My mind was like 'OH MY GOSH! THE PLACE LOOKS SO FREAKING HEAVENLY'
LOL.

Loitered around Langkawi airport because we had to wait for 20 minutes for our rented car to arrive.

Daddy drove us down to our hotel - Grand Continental Hotel to put down our luggage.
My first impression of the hotel was terrible.
The tiles reminds me of a shopping centre.
LOL but yeah, that's my first impression of the hotel.

The service was a little blah.
We reached about 2.20pm in the afternoon and it dragged to about 3 plus before we can get our keys.
(I think that it partially because they have a lot of people to serve?)

We had three rooms but the room my aunt and I shared was not done yet so we slacked in my parents' room until our room is ready.

After placing our luggage in our own room, the six of us went shopping~
After a short while, we decided to have our dinner.
Walked a big round before settling for a place for dinner.
Dishes was okay, I guess?
Hahahas.

After dinner, we went down to the night market for a walk~
OMG, I totally love the satay and pancakes!
It was damn yummy, I tell you~
HAHAHHA!

Got back to the hotel to rest.

----

Day 2 (25.12.2010)

YAY to Christmas~
HAHAHHA!
Too bad I did not sleep well, like always and I was freaking woken up by my aunt's morning call at 7am.
D:

Got ready and went down for breakfast.
Guess that due to so sailing competition that is going on, there's a lot, I mean A LOT of Ang mohs!
LOL, my eyes are having a feast at that moment ( A lot of cute ang moh boys hor - but all so young~)

So after breakfast, we moved on to our road trip - getting to Oriental Village for the oh-so-famous cable car ride.
Too bad due to strong wind and long queue, we gave up on the ride.
And oh, I saw this cute ang moh baby girl and I was staring at her like some stalker.
HAHAHAHA!

So instead of the cable car ride, we headed to a waterfall nearby (No idea what's the name)
Not that 'WOW' but it's still a 'wow' since it's an actual waterfall.

Moving on, we went to the beach of skulls.
The sand was so damn fine!
Couldn't take pictures of the beach because my camera went no batt.

Lunch was at a pizza restuarant.
Not my pizza hut but it was passable~
LOL.

Went down to the Underwater world and it was damn fun!
My dad finally bought batteries for my camera so that we could take pictures~
Out of all the animals we saw, my favourite are the Penguins!
They are so damn cute, I swear!

Shopped at the duty free shop next door and headed down to a beach nearby before settling down for dinner.
Dinner was at a seafood restaurant near underwater world.
I love the broccoli we ordered and the irony thing is that we were dinning in a seafood restaurant but we did not ordered ANY seafood.
HAHAHS!

Again, after dinner, we went shopping again!
Thanks to my aunt's suggestion we headed down to the night market and this time we was kind of lost.
(The night market does not stay permanently at the same place. It changes its location almost everyday.)

Luck was on our side that unknowingly, we managed to find our way to the market~
Lucky ehhh.
^^

Bought satay and pancakes again before heading back to hotel.

----
Day 3 (26.12.2010)

Woke up about the same time as the day before.
Though I slept better than the day before, it was still bad which is weird since I normally knocked out totally on the second day.
It must be the bed I guess?
LOLs.

went down to the cable car ride after breakfast.
The queue was freaking long and horrible!
But fortunately, the place was not really hot if not I will certainly faint and time past faster when I was looking at cute babies (especially the pouty malay baby in front of me~)
Heheheh..
:D

Finally, it our turn~
The ride was okay at first but the car moves up, it got scarier!
There was this point of time that the car was moving so slowly that I thought it was NOT moving at all.
>O<

After much torment, we finally reach the first half.
Took some pictures and went up to the top.
Oh my holy cow, IT WAS SO FREAKING SCARY HIGH THERE!
MY LEGS TOTALLY WENT JELLY AND I DON"T WHEN DARE TO LOOK DOWN WHEN WALKING THE SKY BRIDGE.
THAT THING IS TOTALLY SWAYING, I SWEAR!
(Okay, or maybe it's just me who is swaying)
TOT

Finally got myself to stop being a chicken (I'm still scared!) and started taking more pictures.

Came down the cable car and this time it's much better than going up.

Lunch was at an Arabic restaurant.
The food was not bad especially the naan (CHEESE FLAVOUR)but it was expensive!
Cost about 80 plus in Sing dollars.

Had a short visit at the black sand beach before getting to the MARDI Langkawi Agrotechnology Park.
Did not manage to take much picture beacuse of my lousy low batt camera.
The guide was totally funny and nice!
HAHAHA!

Walked around Book village (nothing much though) before heading back to hotel for a short rest.
Took a brief nap while watching Casper that's showing on TV before heading down to a Thai restaurant for dinner.

Love the pineapple fried rice but other than that, the rest was not so good.
Yes, again, we went shopping and I finally got the bag I was eyeing two days before.
It was a steal!
The price was 309RM and it dropped to 90 plus RM after 70% discount!
See the difference?
Hahahhas.

Grabbed a lot of chocolates before getting back to hotel to sleep.
Oh, by the way, a blackout occurred on our level while my mum, my aunt and I were chatting half way.
We got a shock of our life and you can see heads popping out of the door checking if anyone else was also affected.
Hahahhas.

----
Day 4 and last day (27.12.2010)

Woke up the same time as the past two days (it's like getting ready for school - WTH)
Got ready and ate breakfast.

Headed down to Tanjung Rhu Beach and I was totally in heaven.
(Come on. I LOVE the beach!)

It totally lifted my whole mood since I was feeling kind of cranky then.
(PMS much, I guess?)

Walked along the beach and I saw an eagle!
Wish I could there again~

We moved on to Durian Perangin Waterfall. It was better than the previous waterfall I saw but I was pissed off the flights of stairs I had to climb.
(Climbing stairs is the next thing I hate after jogging)

Return to the hotel to check out because we realized that our flight was at 2:05 instead of 4:35 before heading for lunch near the airport because of my kiasu aunt and uncle.
Food was okay but the place was kind of ulu and files were flying around!
-_______________-
(Damn, I'm such a spoiled brat!)

After a long wait at the airport, we finally boarded the plane.
(We could have visited the eagle square and had better food if not for the kiasu-ness)
D:

Again, stop-over at Penang but this time, we were not allowed to leave the plane and use any electronic devices so I was like bored to my death for 40 minutes.
D:

Plane finally moved but I was damn pissed off by the kid sitting behind me.
That Si Gin Na kept kicking my seat that couldn't keep her mouth shut from whining.
-__________________-

Finally reached Changi airport and I'm finally at the place where I belong~
----

So yea that all for my trip to Langkawi~
Overall is okay but if there's a reason that I'm going back there will the beach~
Hahahas!