The Talk About Drama (Korean Version)
was posted at 12:45:00 AM on Sunday, June 25, 2017
Update 25/06/2017: This post has been sitting in my draft for the past three months omg lol. Posting out before it turns moldy HAHAHHA

Geez, hello from 2017~
Can you believe it's already March?
Oh boy hahahah.

Anyways I was actually feeling nostalgic, and started rewatching Goong (Princess Hours) for the past two days. And........ To be honest, I caught myself asking myself why in the world was I head over heels for this drama ten years ago. Like I was totally rolling my eyes and fast forwarding the episodes hahahah and there were times whereby I have to convince myself that the characters are acting this way because they were nineteen (I supposed people are supposed to be juvenile when they were in love in their teens?). Oh wells, I have to say my taste had drastically changed ten years since?

That brings me to the topic about my favourite Kdrama till current (probably as of now)? Just to laid out for myself how different I am now than ten years ago hahahha.

I'm going with top 5 so I like to start it from the bottom up.

5. Oh My Ghostess (2015): Okays, I have to admit that I have a hard time choosing no. 5 but OMG won out maybe by a slight percentage? Ha. I got into OMG all thanks to my Uni mate who had been hardcore raving about this drama when it was airing. Curiosity got me, and I never looked back hahahahhahahah. I mean what's there to look back? Park Bo Young got me from the start, and the chemistry between the leads was all great (I was all giddy at their kiss scene in the last episode). Simply said, I was sold the moment I saw Park Bo Young because she's the epitome of cuteness and well, she's so likeable that I wanna keep her in my pocket. Not to mention that the story line was actually interesting with a mixture of romance, paranormal and mystery. Plus side on the casting too because Jo Jong Suk is very charming (ha!) as Chef, Kim Seul Gi is my favourite ghost, and Im Ju Hwan was so chilling and scary as the villian. And Kwak Si Yang really caught my eye hahahah.

4. Vampire Prosecutor 1 & 2 (2011 & 2012): Got into VP 1 when I was browsing through DB and thought it was interesting because I am a fan of mystery/crime dramas. And yes, I love it from the very start and the next thing I know was that I started marathoning the series. Can't really remember if VP 2 was actually airing when I first started VP 1 but I was totally on the edge of my seat while watching the drama hahah. I have been introduced to Yoon Jung Hoon since younger because TV was airing Yellow Handkerchief (probably one of the few makjang dramas that I like? At least it does has a lasting impression lol) and I like Lee Young Ah (because of Iljimae) so I have no problems with the casting (plus romance is low key in this series so whatever tho I did wish for more). I have been waiting for a season 3 (because of the damn ending for season 2) but it had been five years since and chances seemed slim... Oh wells, one can hope right? (Give me that damn season 3, OCN!)

3. Arang and The Magistrate (2012): I've got to say this my favourite period drama. It's a fun and interesting ride because it got the formula that will always win me over -  mystery, fantasy and romance (please see the last two dramas hahah). It's not helping that the OTP is so funny and cute together. I have always like Shim Min Ah because of My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox, and Lee Jun Ki - I have liked him since Iljimae (not gona lie, I did disliked him in My Girl).

2. It's Okay, That's Love (2014): Remembered that I got into this drama because of Gong Hyo Jin and Squishy Soo, and stayed because of the OTP and the plot. It was certainly different from other drama (you can read the plot summary here), and that really caught my attention. Skinship and kisses are the best in this drama hahaha (there were many of them, seriously). The cast was stellar too - beside the main leads, there were Sung Dong Il and Kwang Soo too.

1. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016): It all started because of a youtube video. The said youtube video was actually a trailer of WFKBJ. Clicked on it and was kinda sold when I saw this part, but I just left it be. Until a random day when I was bored out of my mind and my hands were 'itchy', I clicked on the first episode of WFKBJ and fell into its quicksand hahahhahaha. I didn't expect myself to love this drama because it's a very simple drama - two childhood friends who reunited years later and fell in love (to this point, it actually sounds boring), but sometimes simple is the best of all. This drama is a gem to be honest, because it lacks of normal korean drama tropes - never ending love triangles, incurable illness, truck of doom, memory loss etc. and it is actually realistic enough for audience to relate. Casting caused a little controversy initially because the leads, Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk were thought to unsuitable for their roles, but I was so so glad that they proved the nay-sayers wrong. They were the best part of the drama (well, the drama is actually about them but whatever), and they are my OTP of OTPs hahahhahah. Because you know it's love when you see it hahahah. Not going to lie that I'm hardcore shipping them in both real and reel life because their chemistry in both worlds are off the roof that I'm confused with what's real and what's acting. (27/06/2017: kinda old news since this were written in March, but the OTP IS DATING IN REAL LIFE. I LOVE THIS SHIP)

Honourable mentions (Not in order): 

Master's Sun (2013): A mixture of romance, mystery and paranormal. My kind of formula.

Bad Guys (2014): This drama got me marathoning. One of the best detective drama because it's damn thrilling (good thing that I started after the drama finished airing, if not I will prolly die from the suspense)

Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctors (2010): SONG JOONG KI. (enuff said - no wait, the plot is actually nice too)

King 2 Hearts (2012):Kinda Romeo and Juliet-ish? minus the family drama plus the war drama hahahha

Reply 1997 (2012): Friends to lover trope is my current favourite lol

Used-to-be-my-favourite-but-now-I-questioned-myself-why-I-like-it-drama(s):

Boys before Flowers (2009): BOF is the drama that got me into Kpop (which I am thankful??? for lol), but seriously like Goong, in 2017, I questioned myself why (no offense but GHS's acting really is not my cup of tea). The Japanese version is still the best (for now HAHAHA).

You're Beautiful (2009): No comments.

(27/06/2017 PS: I am currently watching Fight for My Way, and oh lord, I love it. It's going to be high up in this list hahahha)