Smile, Bangkok | Part 2
was posted at 7:12:00 PM on Tuesday, November 6, 2012




26 Oct'12

After breakfast, we made our way down to MBK centre, by foot. No joke, we WALKED all the way for this whole trip without taking any public transport. AND one more thing, we have no idea where exactly the places are, just roughly but we still made it there with out any map, just a rough idea of the location. I'm amazed by us. HAHAHAH.

Anyways, I'm not pretty amazed by MBK though it's pretty massive cause there nothing much for me. The only thing that I bought at MBK was muscle ache cream to treat my aching arms. LOL. However, I noted that MBK is more like a food heaven since there's tons of food over there.

We moved on to Siam Square and I declare that Siam Square is my favourite shopping area despite the hot sun. Generally, I preferred the styles at Siam Square more than Platinum. Perhaps it's just me but oh wells, if I have the chance to visit Bangkok again, Siam Square will be on the top of my list of to go places. I have to say that I miss the milk tea (Mr Cup) over there after taking a sip from Elaine's (she had milk tea while I had green tea. I was sold after the sip of her milk tea. THEY USE EARL GREY and it cost less than 2 bucks.) Oh damn.

After Siam Square, we walked to Siam Paragon which is opposite Siam Square because I wanted to visit this bakery - Bake A Wish. Have no exact idea where is the location of this bakery so we went around asking only to know that we walked past it before. Oh wells, I have NO regrets about it since OMG I LOVE THAT PLACE SO DAMN MUCH. I had their cream puff which is so damn awesome though it cannot beat Beard Papa's (BEARD PAPA'S WIN HANDS DOWN) but it's still awesome. I'm only paid for one cream puff which cost slightly a dollar more in SGD and we are offered two glasses of water and not to mention, there's FREE WIFI. Hahahha! Can never live without wifi.

Moving on, we headed to Big C to get more snacks as souvenirs. We were already dying from all the walking and shopping so we headed back to our hotel to rest for a bit more before heading out again. We moved to Platinum for dinner at the food court. Had Pad Thai with prawns and Takoyaki. Missing the Pad Thai (drools) but not the Takoyaki. Hahahah!

We walked around Platinum for a while more before heading down to Pratunam Market to get more things and so street food as well. I love the pork satay the most, the fried chicken was good but very oily (HA) and the sausage thingy was not bad. Had these with the cup noodles that Elaine brought along for this trip. HA. Packing our luggage was not so bad since we manage to stuff our things in. HAHA.

Rest for a while and headed to bed.



27 Oct'12

Since our ride was picking us up at 1:00 pm local time, we had a last minute shopping at Platinum Mall and Grand Diamond Plaza which is situated below our hotel.

Reached the airport early so we had sometime for a quick lunch after checking in our luggage. Bought sandwiches and puff from S&P (introduced by Teng Teng) and mango sticky rice. We are so in love with the mango that we bought more and brought it home. HAHAHAH.

The plane ride home was fast since we spent our time watching movie and playing some games. Oh, I have to mention that the plane we took for the return flight was the awesome A380 and I love it very much. Hahahah. It was so comfy and awesome eh.

Touched down around 8 plus and this time round, since there's no queue at the immigration, I took the manual line rather than the self service to avoid lousy situation again. HA.

That rounds up my 4 days 3 nights trip to the land of smiles, Bangkok.



Pardon my musing but I would love to visit Bangkok despite the fact that I can't stand scorching weather because there's still much more that I want to explore but can't due to the time constraint.
No kidding that I miss the place and I certainly will visit again for the shopping, food and people.

;)